Giving student and staff 24x7 access to enhanced wireless services
Students expect to have the world at their fingertips and want instant access to all services at all times, wherever they are on campus. Universities are under increased pressure to attract the brightest students through the provision of a first class education. Cross-campus wireless coverage ensures immediate access to ultramodern facilities using the latest technologies, cementing a university’s technology credentials and academic reputation. Ensuring student and staff safety while on campus is an additional concern that can be enhanced with in-building wireless coverage.
Wireless services may include:
Commercial cellular communication
Smartphone technology has changed the landscape of today’s learning environment. Instant access to advanced 4G LTE services is no longer a “nice to have” but a “must have” amenity. Universities failing to offer this will disadvantage students and staff.
Public Safety Communications
Universities are obliged to optimize wireless coverage on campus for health and safety purposes. Ensuring the safety of emergency service personnel in their day- to-day activities as well as in emergency situations has become critical, and the consequences can be serious if this is not achieved.
Benefits of Enhanced Wireless Coverage
- ICT expenditure is optimized
- Students and staff work more effectively, productively and conveniently
- Ubiquitous public safety coverage provides a safe and secure working environment
- Access to advanced 4G LTE services enhances an establishment’s technological credentials
- Services can be streamed as required
However, educational establishments must overcome many challenges to ensure optimal in-building wireless coverage. Different building shapes and specialist construction materials significantly impact the penetration of RF signals, resulting in reduced data rates and/or total signal loss. In addition, older buildings may contain asbestos, which precludes them from being wired, so the only option for network access is through wireless technology.
Our unique Wideband Active Distributed Antenna System (DAS) removes many of the traditional issues and considerations associated with delivering multiple in-building wireless services. It provides ubiquitous coverage for all services in an install once solution. In addition, services can easily be routed to specific areas; Wi-Fi for example can be routed into the library, lecture theatres and tutorial rooms but not to food preparation areas.
Zinwave DAS – key highlights
- Wideband – supports any service mix, protocol or modulation scheme between 150MHz-2700MHz, including MIMO
- Future-proof – to satisfy existing and future requirements
- Install once solution - no infrastructure upgrades or cabling overhauls needed, delivering the lowest total-cost-of-ownership
- Low component count – facilitating deployment and reducing design, commissioning and support costs
- Flexible - Only active DAS to support all cellular and all public safety bands on a SINGLE hardware layer
- Major MNO approved - install safe in the knowing the carriers will connect
- Unparalleled service and engineeringsupport- the most responsive supplier in the industry offering shortest lead times
- Global sales and support capability - vastly experienced regional sales and support teams
- Fiber based – low cost, low weight, low space solution that provides integrated support for LBS, Wi-Fi and other IP devices
One solution, one system for all your wireless needs...
Follow this link for further information