Providing enhanced in-building wireless services to increase staff efficiency and safety
A reliable communications infrastructure is crucial in industry for efficiency and safety purposes. Employees working in highly secured, hazardous environments that are often highly dispersed must be allowed to maintain contact with family and friends for reassurance purposes. Private mobile radio systems are also widely used for efficiency and job management. Delivering reliable, ubiquitous in-building wireless coverage ensures that these needs are met.
Wireless services may include:
Smartphone technology has changed the communication landscape and instant access to advanced mobile networks regardless of location is no longer a “nice to have” but a “must have” amenity.
Public Safety Communications
The hazardous nature of these working environments puts the issue of staff safety and protection firmly at the top of the agenda. Plant owners are obliged to optimize wireless coverage in their facilities for health and safety purposes. Ensuring the safety of emergency service personnel in their day- to- day activities as well as in emergency situations has become critical, and the consequences can be serious if this is not achieved.
Being able to run motion sensors, door locks, lighting, alarm sensors etc. wirelessly over a building’s core infrastructure reduces energy consumption and operating costs, making management and operational processes more economical.
Other wireless services that can be covered include:
- Push to talk
- Digital Mobile radio and PMR
The Benefits of Enhanced Wireless Coverage
- Increased efficiency - provision of seamless communication and information access
- Improved response times as staff accessible at all times
- Optimisation of IT expenditure through the provision of a reliable, in building wireless coverage.
- Selective streaming of services to certain areas within the factory or site
- Provision of a safe, secure environment through ubiquitous public safety coverage
- Future upgrades can be made without a need for additional install time in highly secured, restricted areas
The wide variety of structures deployed in industrial environments present their own unique challenges. Different building shapes and specialist construction materials such as reinforced steel or blast-proof glass significantly impede the penetration of RF signals, resulting in reduced coverage or total signal loss.
Our unique Wideband Active Distributed Antenna System (DAS) removes many of the traditional issues and considerations associated with delivering multiple in-building RF services. It provides ubiquitous coverage for all wireless services in an install once one solution. In addition, services can easily be routed to designated areas where needed.
Zinwave DAS – key highlights
- Wideband – supports any service mix, protocol or modulation scheme between 150MHz-2700MHz, including MIMO
- Future-proof – to satisfy existing and future requirements
- Install once solution - No infrastructure upgrades or cabling overhauls needed, delivering the lowest total-cost-of-ownership
- Low component count – facilitating deployment and reducing design, commissioning and support costs
- Flexible - Only active DAS to support all cellular and all public safety bands on a SINGLE hardware layer
- Major MNO approved - install safe in the knowing the carriers will connect
- Unparalleled service and engineeringsupport- the most responsive supplier in the industry offering shortest lead times
- Global sales and support capability - Vastly experienced regional sales and support teams
- Fiber based – low cost, low weight, low space solution that provides integrated support for LBS, Wi-Fi and other IP devices
One solution, one system for all your wireless needs...
Follow this link for further information