Airports, sports stadiums and shopping malls have the unenviable task of providing seamless multi-carrier, multi-service wireless coverage for thousands of people on a daily basis. In addition, many public venues are keen to take advantage of 4G LTE services, which not only enhance consumer experience, they give building owners a competitive edge. Addressing the differing needs of so many demographic groups can be achieved through the provision of reliable, ubiquitous in building wireless coverage. Wireless services may include:
Commercial cellular communications
Smartphone technology has changed the communications landscape beyond all recognition and instant access to 4G LTE services is no longer a “nice to have” but a “must have” requirement in high density public buildings.
Public Safety Communications
Building owners are obliged to optimize wireless coverage in their facilities for health and safety purposes. Ensuring the safety of emergency service personnel in their day- to- day activities as well as in emergency situations has become critical, and the consequences can be serious if this is not achieved.
Integrated IP services
The ability to run motion sensors, door locks, lighting as well as more specialised applications such as asset management, location based services (LBS), IP cameras, Digital signage and other IP enabled services over a single infrastructure is extremely advantageous. It reduces energy consumption and operating costs, making overall building management more economical and streamlined.
The Benefits of Enhanced Wireless Coverage
- Optimized ICT expenditure
- Enhanced consumer experience by ensuring reliable in building wireless coverage 24x7
- New services and applications can be added on demand with minimal disruption
- Improved security through ubiquitous public safety coverage
- Selective streaming of services and re-sectorization capabilities
- Compelling revenue generating opportunities for onsite tenants and concessions
Public building owners must overcome many challenges to ensure optimal in-building wireless coverage. Different building designs and specialist construction materials significantly impede the penetration of RF signals. Without comprehensive, reliable and unified coverage, it is not possible to provide optimized multi-service coverage needed to satisfy public demand. Poor signal and black spots can lead to lapses in voice and data coverage and important emergency service communication systems.
Our unique Wideband Active Distributed Antenna System (DAS) removes many of the traditional issues and considerations associated with delivering multiple in-building wireless services. It provides ubiquitous coverage for all wireless services in an install once one solution and enables high density venues to overcome interference, soft handover and capacity management challenges and better manage peaks and troughs in network traffic. In addition, services can easily be routed to designated areas where they are needed.
Zinwave DAS – key highlights
- Wideband – supports any service mix, protocol or modulation scheme between 150MHz-2700MHz, including MIMO
- Future-proof – to satisfy existing and future requirements
- Install once solution - No infrastructure upgrades or cabling overhauls needed, delivering the lowest total-cost-of-ownership
- Low component count – facilitating deployment and reducing design, commissioning and support costs
- Flexible - Only active DAS to support all cellular and all public safety bands on a SINGLE hardware layer
- Major MNO approved - install safe in the knowing the carriers will connect
- Unparalleled service and engineeringsupport- the most responsive supplier in the industry offering shortest lead times
- Global sales and support capability - Vastly experienced regional sales and support teams
- Fiber based – low cost, low weight, low space solution that provides integrated support for LBS, Wi-Fi and other IP devices
One solution, one system for all your wireless needs...
Follow this link to find out more