Smartphones have changed the landscape of wireless communications to such an extent that their support for legacy services (voice, SMS etc.) are now secondary considerations compared to primary high-speed data services.
MNOs are under growing pressure to satisfy market demands for anywhere coverage and the rollout of 4G LTE networks using MIMO (multiple-input-multiple-output) technology is presenting them with numerous challenges, including infrastructure costs, non-standardisation of frequency bands on a global basis, monetization of services and license availability.
The need for in-building wireless coverage
As wireless data traffic increases, conventional macro networks are no longer sufficient to satisfy capacity demands in an in-building environment. While the structural attributes of modern buildings enable building owners/managers to achieve sustainable development targets and reduce carbon emissions, they significantly impact RF transmissions to the point that they can become non-existent, creating blind spots. Increased data usage and poor coverage is also creating inefficiencies and bottlenecks in the backhaul networks.
Changing consumer trends are forcing MNOs to review their existing in-building capacity and coverage capabilities because most wireless data sessions originate indoors. Not only must operators satisfy current demands, they must also take future requirements into account, such as the rollout of 5G networks.
Our wideband active DAS offers MNOs an .install once. infrastructure. It supports any combination of services and frequencies between 150MHz. 2700MHz on a single hardware layer, regardless of modulation scheme or protocol. It is also fiber-based so spare cable can be built into the initial framework. This means our customers can support new services on the same installation, resulting in optimal use of investment and delivering the lowest TCO (total cost of ownership) per installation.
- Lowest TCO per sqm- our wideband DAS comprises single hardware layer for all services, protocols or modulation schemes, making it highly cost effective compared to coax-based, multi-layer systems
- Future-proof - services can be added or changed without needing any additional hardware, avoiding further costs and disruption to your services
- Wideband . Our DAS supports a 150MHz-2700MHz frequency range
- Low component count - with a low component count, our DAS simplifies design, installation and commissioning and reduces your on-going OPEX costs
- Flexible design . our DAS is scalable to meet the needs of any building size
- Rapid ROI . our DAS offers the lowest planning, implementation and maintenance costs, ensuring optimal use of your investment
Enable your wireless future today
- Design and install before you decide on the final service mix
- Add services on-demand without costly and disruptive upgrades
- Your investment is protected because all current and future services are supported
Our unique wideband approach offers the only truly future-proof DAS solution. It removes many of the historical issues associated with delivering multiple wireless services in-building and allows you to provide the coverage needed now and offers peace of mind that your investment will support all future service migrations and frequency bands.
- Trusted to deliver reliable wireless solutions every time
- Strong portfolio of projects across four continents across all verticals markets